Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's like a combination of jesus and fergie

We're gonna get into todays nomination immediately..KARAOKE DJ'S WHO TAKE THEIR JOB WAY TO SERIOUSLY! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy karaoke almost as much as Asian businessmen do. I have been known to bless bars across the country with my vocal skills. I am pretty sure the last time I performed Boyz 2 Men a woman standing next to the speaker got pregnant from the vibrations. However, when the DJ thinks they're the head of a major record label and forgets that he's working for free beer it destroys the experience. One in particular come's to mind at Fishbonz Bar in Oklahoma. This guy has a 1993 headset microphone that he doesn't take off the entire night, and he controls the stage under an iron fist. A group of  friends and I decided to perform together and the second the song was over we were told "Get off of MY stage!". REALLY?!?!? YOUR stage?? Your job is to make people laugh, let loose, spend money, and enjoy the evening. Not to be a dick. I get it that sometimes people can be rude when singing and you have to cut them off, but when the whole bar is laughing and singing along you should probably let it happen. Just because you aspire in life to one day be the new Diddy and take over the music business, doesn't mean you deserve the same respect he gets. Why not take advantage of your situation? You get free booze that you could then give to woman! Eventually one of them is gonna get drunk enough that she'll believe you when you tell her you got big plans for your future, and that your about explode on the music scene. If you're not willing to enjoy your job for what it is then get a new one. Stop ruining my night because if I don't perform it's more then likely gonna cause a riot. KARAOKE DJ'S WHO TAKE THEIR JOB WAY TO SERIOUSLY, YOU DESERVE TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment