Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thanks for ruining the start of my day..

I woke up this morning around 9:30 am, and strolled out to the living room to start my day with a little bit of country music courtesy of CMT. I like country music, I enjoy almost all music actually. I am aware that not everyone is a fan of country but I'm not starting your day, I'm starting mine so just go with it. I get comfortable on the couch and start checking my facebook (obviously), then I turn on the tv. That moment is when my day started going to the dumps. Facebook put be me on tilt, and then I turn on the tv only to find this guy ruining my day...ERIC CHURCH. If you don't listen to country I have posted the youtube link at the bottom so you can see what I'm talking about (copy and paste). The song is called "Smoke a Little Smoke" and if I was gonna compare the quality of the lyrics it would come in a close second to "Mary had a Little Lamb". What is so wrong with it you ask? I just happen to have examples,  1)"Want a little more right, and a little less left" 2)"Turn the quiet up, Turn the noise down" 3)"I'm gonna sit right here, Stay away from there"...really? Really?!?!? Obviously if you want a little more right then you must want a little less left, and if your gonna sit right here your not going there. As for numero 2, I'm pretty sure thats a complete contradiction and makes no sense. Moving on, the way he is dressed and acts in the video makes me wanna "Punch a Little Face". The whole hat, sunglasses, 7 o'clock shadow tough guy look has been done alot lately in country and I believe it's time to quit that shit. I know that it was probably really tough to follow up your first hit "Guys Like Me" which I originally thought was an anthem for how many men in the world like you, you know that special kind of like. It is actually another lyrical power house, "I wear a greasy ballcap, I like my shirt untucked, I spend saturdays workin on my truck!". Thanks for ruining the start of my day. ERIC CHURCH, YOU DESERVE TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWjtWONuGc&ob=av2n

No comments:

Post a Comment