Monday, November 8, 2010

Please hold while I punch

I just got off of the phone with the unemployment office. Clearly there is no need to go into who's getting nominated today...NEVADA UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE! So like most human beings under the age of 49 I no longer have a million minutes for my phone each month. I have 400 monthly for during the day, and unlimited nights and weekends. It took 210 minutes this morning to deal with these assholes. REALLY!?!? Over half of my monthly minutes were wasted while on hold, and they asked the same questions over and over. I was speaking to an actual person for less then a half hour of the total time I was on the phone. I had all the information necessary to make the process quick and easy but they were having none of that. I had all my jobs, locations, phone numbers, etc. for everywhere that I had worked for the last 2 years ready to go. This was not my doing, I don't plan that far ahead, but my girl does. I plan on not planning and then taking up all the time and resources of the responsible other party. But I was ready this time! Except I forgot that for a 6 weekend period last year I "checked" ID at the door of a college bar. This made everything go ape shit. When I asked for 2 minutes to look up the info from the bar I was told very firmly,  "I can not hold for 2 minutes while you look, there are others on hold that have all their information ready!" You have had me on hold for over 2 hours you incompetent waste of space! I could literally hear the woman asking her supervisor or whoever it was that was next to her the answers to all my questions. If your job is to answer the phone and answer other people's questions shouldn't you know your shit? How bout next time you answer the phone "Diane", just say "Thank you for calling Dominoes. How may I help you?" This is what I did when I worked at Pizza Hut and didn't feel like dealing with customers. Sixty percent of the time, it works everytime. NEVADA UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE, YOU DESERVE TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment