Friday, December 17, 2010

Adam Nash is Punching Facebook in The Face!

I have decided to end the longest relationship in my life. There have been good times, there have been bad times. In the end I believe I will be better on my own. This leads to todays nominee....FACEBOOK! That is correct, I am deleting my facebook account. I have wasted far to many hours of my life on the social network instead of improving my real life. I'm done with it. Although I enjoy checking out all the pictures taken while having good times with friends, that is about all I will miss. I will not miss all the drama that has been caused by unecessary comments, status updates, etc. I am now ready to get back to one on one communication with all my actual friends, not just "Facebook Friends". It is scary to think that I will no longer be aware of what goes on in this whole other world. I feel it will also be a sort of weight off of my shoulders. I feel like I am Neo in the matrix. I am ready to step out and see what the real world is like. A world where accepting friends and updating my status will no longer be a priority. Step back and think about it for a minute. I know that almost everyone loves facebook that has an account. I did for a while, but not so much anymore. People no longer take the time to call or text and catch up but instead leave a comment for everyone else to see and put their thoughts in. Close friendships have turned into nothing more then clicking "like" on a status. As far as the fan page for this blog on facebook, I'm not really sure what will happen with it. It will still be available for your comments and posts. It will be up to you as a reader and follower to keep it alive. In the words of Drago from Rocky, "If it dies, it dies!" I will continue to blog and hopefully do it more frequently without the distraction of facebook. FACEBOOK, YOU DESERVE TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment